How to constantly generate qualified pre-sold local leads that turn into $500-$1500/month customers
If you want to succeed in local marketing you need to have process of how to get new customers. In this section you’re going to learn strategy that only takes 30 second to implement and will allow you easily generate hot, pre-sold leads that turn into customers that happily pay you $500 – $1500 a month over and over again for business that you bring in.
One of the hardest parts of Local Marketing is to get your foot into the door and get business owner to see you as trusted adviser and not “sneaky oily salesman”. Most of the marketers that are trying to do Local Marketing are making crucial mistake that is killing most of their leads – they try to sell SEO, Social Media services, web design etc… But the fact is –
most business owners don’t care about SEO, Social Media services, web design – most of them don’t understand it.
They get approached by companies and individuals that are trying to sell them these services almost every day and most of them have been scammed at least once so they have their guard up. So if you email, call them or show up at their door to offer new website or SEO service you will get treated like intruder that is trying to take their money.
Business owners care about results – sales, phone calls, booked appointments.
Another important aspect you should understand when contacting local business for the first time trying to sell your marketing services – you need to get to the right person, person that is making decisions – usually it the owner, CEO, General Manager! With most of the local businesses you first encounter usually will be with employee that is not making decisions – administrator, secretary, host, sales person etc… So if you choose wrong approach you never get past that first point.
Here is how to approach prospective business owners to quickly bypass any intermediate person and get to the decision maker that would be already presold and interested in hearing what you have to say. Below I show you example of how we use this strategy in action and then going to explain all the details.
Let’s say you’re trying to provide Internet marketing services to a local dentist and call their office to schedule a meeting with the owner.
- You: Dialing their number…
- Dentist Administrator: Hi, this dental office of John Chase, Patricia speaking, how can I help you?
- You: Hi Patricia, my name is _____ I have a question: I have 30-50 people/month that need dental services and I would like to discuss opportunity to treat them in your clinic. Do you know whom I can speak to regarding this question?
- Dentist Administrator: Yes, let me get Dr. John Chase on the phone…
- Dr. John Chase: Hi, this Dr. John Chase, how can I help you?
- You: Hi John, my name is _____ I have a question: I have 30-50 people/month that need dental services and I would like to discuss opportunity to serve them in your clinic.
- Dr. John Chase: OK, I am interested, please tell me more…
- You: Sure, I am specializing in online marketing and using our strategies we attract 30-50 people/month in your area that need dental services like dental implants, braces, crowns, cosmetic dentistry and so on…, but since I am not the dentist I would like to pass them to a reliable dental clinic where they can get topnotch treatment for all their dental needs, that’s why I called your dental office. Can you handle 30-50 extra clients a month?
- Dr. John Chase: Yes, sure, we would be glad to have more clients
- You: Great, when would be a good time for you to schedule a meeting, so we can discuss the details?
- Dr. John Chase: Well, let me see, Friday 2 pm is a good time.
Let’s quickly recap key points:
- When calling you’re offering customers/sales, not Internet marketing services
- Offer volume of business that can’t be taken care of by administrator, that’s very important in order to get to key, decision making person.
This whole conversation usually takes 30 seconds or less but it allows you to get in touch with key person that is responsible for spending money and making decisions, get them interested in what you have to offer and schedule an appointment so you can explain what you can do for their business and close the sale.
- Rehearse and adapt phone call script that you’ve learned for your niche/client (lawyers, chiropractors, restaurants…)
- Research at least 3 potential local clients from different niches that you can call: see if they have website, how they rank in Google, address, phone number
I found your comment on Eban Pagan’s information column that brought me to your page and want to give a brief, constructive comment regarding this article. It is obvious that your first language is not English which makes passing information more difficult. This problem becomes more critical when your very fine article needs to be clear, precise and flow smoothly. My suggestion is to get someone who is very familiar with English to edit your ideas before publication then upload. I am confident your excellent ideas will be read and result in the effectiveness you desire.
Thank you Frank, I know that grammar, punctuation and whole writing thing is not my strongest skill 🙂 I am working on it.
I know English is not your first language but you dont get better by running away from writing
i like you because you take action and i know you are capable of doing great things
Keep it going dmitry 🙂
CEO @ gettingincome.com
I like your clear, simple and action driven presentation.
Yes, there is a slight foreign accent we hear in your prononciation that might be sounding ‘strange’ for native speakers, but from a non’native’s point of view, you get a 9 out of 10
when it comes to comprehension, grammar, wording, choosing words that have emotional and psychological impact that motivate, and
the most important of all,
that give you a high satisfaction level.
You feel that you learned concrete, applicable advice, and you got a ROI, timewise
Keep it up.
I came to your website from Eben Pagan’s.
I’ve had a look around and seen the comments and so on and just wanted to say, that I am very impressed!
Don’t worry too much about the whole language thing. It will keep getting better as long as you keep practising – and with a lot of what you do, it doesn’t even show / is not even an issue.
You have a lot of talent and skill (I wish I could be as good as you with a lot of these things). Keep going bro and here’s to your success!